Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Greatest Misunderstanding!

I lived in a beautiful house. It was old. In fact, it was one of the oldest houses on the street. I loved it. Everyday I went to a building that had a playground. The inside of this building was amazing. It was like a castle. The only thing wrong was that there wasn't a king or queen in it. Since the castle deserved someone, I decided to let its greatest dream come true. I let it have a beautiful, sweet , and wise queen. I was that queen. I think it deserved for me to live in it. Every single day I came as myself; but when I got there, I was the queen. I loved my castle. I wished I could stay in it forever. But every night I had to go home. I told my mother all the adventures I had. But she said, "More learning; less pretending." One night I snuck out of my house. I went to my castle. It greeted me like I'd been gone for 100 years. All of a sudden a light flashed and when the light was gone, it was light outside. I was as confused as a caterpillar walking over and over on the same hand. I was in my castle, I was in my neihborhood, and I was sitting on my throne. Even though everything seemed right, something wasn't. I walked outside and saw lions flying! Bugs were roaring! Horses were quacking and chickens were neighing! I almost fainted when I saw one of those lion-sized bugs come after me. I was in a whole different world!
(Part 2 is coming)

1 comment:

Sally Lloyd-Jones said...

Good heavens, Hannah!. What a cliff hanger. You must, must, must write us part 2 without delay! Why are all the animals doing strange things? what isn't right?

This is exciting stuff. You really capture the reader and keep us. Someone said you should grab the reader by the scruff of the neck and not let go until the story is over.

well, I think whoever that was, must have had some writing like this in mind.

On the edge of my seat (keep writing!)

Sally